Sunday, May 21, 2006

Holiday Punch

1 half gallon lime sherbet
2 liters gingerale

Mix the sherbet and gingerale in a large punch bowel. It is easy and inexpensive. Be prepared to make two batches because every loves it. It is very rich; consider it dessert and have something salty, like nuts, ready to eat.

You can substitute any other flavor of sherbet in this punch.

Sheila Witherington
I learned to make this recipe when I was a teenager. Part of our growing up process as young women in Fordyce, Arkansas, was to learn to host and attend parties, showers, teas, and other social occasions. We used to serve this punch at our parties. Finally, after all the weddings and babies were out of the way, I adopted the recipe for our Christmas punch. I made it for Christmas every year when my children were growing up. It has been many years since I made it though. But now I have four grandchildren and another on the way. It may be time to pull out the old punch bowel again.

1 Comments:

Blogger beyondSerenity said...

Hi! I happened to pass by your blog. I must say the recipes are interesting:)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home