Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gazpacho

4-5 large tomatoes, or 1 tall can of tomatoes
1 cucumber, diced
1 onion, chopped,
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp. crushed garlic
¼ c olive oil
¼ c. red wine or red wine vinegar
4 c. cold water
1 tsp. salt

  • Chop tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
  • Add all the other ingredients.
  • Mix thoroughly.
  • Cover and refrigerator before serving.
  • Serve cold.
  • Keep covered in the refrigerator and it will keep for two or three days.

    Sheila Witherington
    I first discovered gazpacho at a restaurant in El Dorado, Arkansas, called SAC Lunch. It was owned and operated by the South Arkansas Art Council to support the fine arts. It was my first experience with gourmet dining. I would stop by there when I was selling ads for Neighbors Magazine or when I was attending counseling sessions. I make this soup often. One of my favorite gazpacho servings was at The White Dog in Philadelphia. It is a great gourmet soup, always served cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home